Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread
Get the best flavors of fall in one comforting slice. Real pumpkin with a blend of clove, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg pair deliciously in this tender-crumbed, moist loaf.
|YOU'LL NEED||OUNCES||GRAMS||BAKER'S %||5 LBS OF MIX|
|3 cups King Arthur Flour Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread Mix||12||340||100||5 lbs|
|1/4 cup oil||1.8||50||14.7||11.8 oz|
|3 large eggs||5.3||150||44.1||2 lbs, 3.3 oz|
|2/3 cup milk||5.3||151||44.4||2 lbs, 3.5 oz|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F for loaf, 375°F for muffins. Grease 8 1/2" by 4 1/2" loaf pan(s) or 9 cups of a standard muffin pan(s).
2. Stir all ingredients in a bowl until combined. Add nuts or chips, if desired.
3. Fill loaf pan(s) almost full or muffin cups 3/4 full. Allow batter to rest for 10 minutes before baking.
4. Bake bread for 45-50 minutes (muffins for 18-22 minutes). Internal temperature should be 205°F or above to be sure bread is baked.
5. Remove from oven. Let cool for 10 minutes (5 minutes for muffins) before removing from pan(s). Cool completely on rack before slicing.
Optional: Add 1 cup (4 ounces) chopped nuts or add-ins per 4 cups (16 ounces) of King Arthur Flour Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread Mix.
1 pound, 6 ounces of mix bakes one 9" x 13" pan
5 pounds of mix bakes seven to eight 8"-9" round layers or 7-8 dozen muffins or 2 1/2 half-sheet pans
Tips from our Bakers
- For spicy pumpkin bread: Stir 1/4 cup diced candied ginger into batter. Sprinkle top with cinnamon-sugar, then bake as directed above.
- For the best rise with gluten-free muffins, bake without papers. The internal temperature should be between 205°F and 210°F when fully baked.
- King Arthur Flour recommends the GFCO's Certified Gluten-Free Food Service Training and Management program for professional gluten-free baking instruction. For more information, please visit GFFoodService.org.