Gluten-Free Banana Bread
A favorite classic comfort food at your fingertips. With a deep golden color and sweet spice, this moist and tender banana bread is quick and simple to bake at home with our gluten-free mix.
If you've been missing this classic treat, your prayers are answered. Our tested formula makes a moist, delicious banana bread that's perfect for breakfast or snacking. Just stir together the melted butter or oil, eggs, milk, and nuts (optional), fill the pan or muffin tins, bake, and enjoy. Can be mixed by hand.
|You'll Need||Ounces||Grams||Baker's %||5 lbs of mix||25 lbs of mix||50 lbs of mix|
|4 cups King Arthur Flour Gluten-Free
Banana Bread Mix
|16||454||100||5 lbs||25 lbs||50 lbs|
|1/2 cup butter, melted / 1/2 cup vegetable oil||4 / 3.5||113 / 99||25 / 21.9||1 lb, 4 oz / 1 lb, 2 oz||6 lbs, 4 oz / 5 lbs, 8 oz||12 lbs, 8 oz / 10 lbs, 15 oz|
|3 large eggs||5.3||150||33.1||1 lb, 11 oz||8 lbs, 4 oz||16 lbs, 9 oz|
|1 cup milk||8||227||50||2 lb, 8 oz||12 lbs, 8 oz||25 lbs|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 9" x 5" loaf pan(s) or muffin pan(s).
2. Stir together melted butter or oil, eggs, and milk. Add mix and stir until combined. Add nuts if desired (Add 1 cup (4 ounces) chopped nuts per 4 cups (16 ounces) of King Arthur Flour Gluten-Free Banana Bread.)
3. Fill pan(s) or muffin cups almost full.
4. Bake bread for 50-55 minutes (muffins for 18-22). The internal temperature should be 205°F or above.
5. Remove from oven and turn bread out of pan(s) after 15 minutes (muffins after 5 minutes). Transfer to rack to cool.
16 ounces of mix bakes one 9" x 5" loaf or 12 muffins
5 pounds of mix bakes five 9" x 5" loaves or 5 dozen muffins
25 pounds of mix bakes twenty-five 9" x 5" loaves or 25 dozen muffins
50 pounds of mix bakes fifty 9" x 5" loaves or 50 dozen muffins
Tips from our Bakers
- For a lower fat version: Reduce oil to 1/4 cup and add 1/2 cup ripe mashed banana. Follow directions listed on above.
- For the best rise with gluten-free muffins, bake without papers. The internal temperature should be between 205°F and 210°F when fully baked.
- King Arthur Flour recommends the GFCO's Certified Gluten-Free Food Service Training and Management program for professional gluten-free baking instruction. For more information, please visit GFFoodService.org.