- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease two baking sheets, or line them with parchment.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the oil and sugars until well combined and smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flax meal and water, stirring to thoroughly combine, then add to the oil mixture. Beat in the vanilla.
- On low speed, gradually mix in the flour mixture until well combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Use a spoon (or a tablespoon cookie scoop) to scoop 1 1/4" balls of dough onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving 2" between them on all sides. Flatten slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the edges are slightly brown. Remove them from the oven, and cool on the pan until they've set enough to move without breaking.
- Store, well-wrapped, at room temperature for several days; freeze for longer storage.
- Yield: 24 cookies.