- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a couple of baking sheets with parchment (first choice); or grease them (second choice).
- In a medium bowl, combine the oats, wheat germ, flax, dried fruit, nuts, sunflower seeds, flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- Combine the egg, honey, and vanilla and stir into the dry ingredients until fully combined.
- Scoop by the tablespoonful onto the prepared baking sheet. Flatten each cookie slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Bake the cookies for 12 to 14 minutes, or until the edges begin to darken slightly. Remove them from the oven and allow them to cool. Store well-wrapped at room temperature for several days; freeze for longer storage.
- Yield: 1 1/2 dozen cookies.
Tips from our Bakers
- Store-bought muesli can be used in this recipe. Substitute 2 cups purchased muesli for the oats, wheat germ, flax, dried fruit, nuts, and seeds, while still including the flour and other ingredients.
- Feel free to add 1/2 cup of semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips to the mix, if you'd like. It will increase the yield slightly, and is a delicious addition.