Rye Bread (66%) with Walnuts
|King Arthur Sir Galahad Flour||3.4kg||34%|
- Before you start: Approximately 16 hours before the mix, disperse the sourdough culture into the water, add the rye flour and mix till smooth. Cover with plastic and leave at room temperature to ripen. At the same time, make the soaker by pouring the water over the old bread. Cover the soaker with plastic to prevent evaporation.
- Mixing: Mix the final dough by adding all the ingredients to the mixer (first remove a portion of the rye to perpetuate the culture). If using a spiral mixer, mix on first speed for 3 minutes to incorporate ingredients. Check the hydration and correct as necessary: the dough should have a moderate looseness. Mix on second speed for about 1 minute. Gluten development will be minimal. Add the walnuts and mix until evenly incorporated.
- Desired Dough Tempature: 80-82°F
- Bulk Fermentation: 45 minutes.
- Final Proof: About 75 minutes at 85°F.
- Shaping: Divide and shape round or oval loaves of desired weight.
- BAKING: Bake in a steamed oven at 450°F for about 50 minutes (for a 1 kg loaf).
|King Arthur Sir Galahad Flour||3.4kg|
*Culture is removed before mixing Final Dough.