Tender, cake-style old-fashioned doughnuts. Baked, not fried, so you can enjoy this classic gluten-free and guilt-free.
The best gluten-free doughnuts you'll ever bake, in an easy to use mix.
|YOU'LL NEED||OUNCES||GRAMS||BAKER'S %||5 LBS OF MIX||25 LBS OF MIX||50 LBS OF MIX|
|1 3/4 cups King Arthur Flour Gluten-Free Doughnut Mix||7.5||213||100||5 lbs||25 lbs||50 lbs|
|2 tablespoons butter, soft||1||28||13.3||11 oz||3 lb, 5 oz||6 lb, 10 oz|
|1 tablespoon vegetable oil||0.44||12||5.8||5 oz||1 lb, 7 oz||2 lbs, 14 oz|
|1 large egg||1.8||50||23.5||1 lb, 3 oz||5 lb, 14 oz||11 lb, 12 oz|
|1/2 cup milk||4||113||53.3||2 lbs, 11 oz||13 lb, 5 oz||26 lb, 10 oz|
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease doughnut pan(s).
2. Mix together butter, oil, and half the mix, then beat together until well blended. Add eggs one at a time, scraping bottom of bowl and beating after each addition, until incorporated.
3. Add remaining dry mix alternately with milk, blending after each addition.
4. Fill wells of pan(s) two-thirds full. A large pastry bag works well here.
5. Bake doughnuts until set and browned, 12-15 minutes.
6. Cool in pan(s) for 5 minutes before turning out onto rack to cool completely. Top as desired, with glaze or shake in a bag with cinnamon-sugar or confectioners' sugar.
7.5 ounces of mix bakes 6 doughnuts
5 pounds of mix bakes 5 dozen doughnuts
25 pounds of mix bakes 25-26 dozen doughnuts
50 pounds of mix bakes 50-52 dozen doughnuts
Tips from our Bakers
- For an easy glaze, mix:
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar.
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cream.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- For gluten-free pumpkin doughnuts: add 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoon of your favorite pumpkin spice blend to the bag of dry ingredients. Replace the milk with 1/2 cup (4 ounces) of milk and 1/2 can (7 1/2 oz) of pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling).
- For a dairy free version, replace the butter and milk with vegan buttery sticks and rice milk.
- King Arthur Flour recommends the GFCO's Certified Gluten-Free Food Service Training and Management program for professional gluten-free baking instruction. For more information, please visit GFFoodService.org.