- Add all the ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend on high until thick and creamy, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Let the mixture chill for 2 to 4 hours.
- Add the mixture to an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Transfer the frozen mixture to a freezer-safe container and store in the freezer until ready to enjoy.
- When serving, if frozen rock hard, let it thaw for 10 minutes before scooping.
- Yield: 1 quart.
Tips from our Bakers
- For a sugar-free version: replace maple syrup with 1/2 to 1 teaspoon powdered stevia. If using liquid stevia, start with 10 drops and increase 1 drop at a time, according to taste.
- Enjoy these flavor variations:
Vanilla: Add the paste/seeds from 1 vanilla bean; or 1 teaspoon vanilla powder; or 2 teaspoons vanilla extract before blending.
Chocolate: Add 1/4 to 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder to the mixture before blending.
Coffee: Add 2 to 3 teaspoons espresso powder to the mixture before blending.
Chocolate chip: Following the manufacturer's instructions to determine the point at which to add additional ingredients, add 1/2 cup chocolate chips/sprinkles to the frozen mixture while churning.